Come and help to run the Edinburgh Communities Climate Action Network. If you have time, energy or skills to offer, then get in touch!
If you want to get involved in any way, please do get in touch to discuss:
If you have a passion for advancing community climate action in Edinburgh, we invite you to join the ECCAN team as a volunteer. Volunteering can be a great way to develop your skills, meet new people and become part of a supportive and enthusiastic team. To get involved, please send an email to Edinburgh@sccan.scot, indicating your skills and the volunteer role you are interested in. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Event Coordinator: This volunteer role would involve organising and coordinating events such as the Summer Garden Party and networking events. The coordinator would be responsible for planning the logistics, securing venues, managing participant registrations, and ensuring the smooth execution of the events.
- Community Engagement Volunteer: This role would focus on actively engaging with community groups and individuals interested in climate action. Volunteers would reach out to community organizations, conduct one-on-one meetings, and participate in networking events to foster relationships and gather input from the community.
- Communications Volunteer: This role would involve supporting ECCAN’s communication efforts by assisting with email updates, website maintenance, and social media management. Volunteers would help disseminate information about upcoming events, share relevant resources, and engage with the community through online platforms.
- Research and Data Analysis Volunteer: This role would be responsible for conducting research and analysing data related to climate initiatives, community needs, and best practices. Volunteers would help gather information, analyse survey responses, and contribute to reports and recommendations to support ECCAN’s decision-making processes.
- Partnership Development Volunteer: This role would focus on building and maintaining partnerships with other community groups, local authorities, and third sector organisations. Volunteers would reach out to potential partners, initiate collaborations, and work towards developing joint projects and initiatives to further climate action goals.
- *** Upcoming *** Fundraising Volunteer: This role would involve supporting ECCAN’s fundraising efforts by researching funding opportunities, assisting with grant applications, and organising fundraising campaigns or events. Volunteers would help secure financial resources to support ECCAN’s activities and initiatives.
- *** Upcoming *** Workshop Facilitator: This role would involve delivering workshops and training sessions on topics related to climate action and sustainability. Volunteers with expertise in specific areas, such as energy efficiency, waste reduction, or sustainable transportation, would lead educational sessions to empower individuals and community groups with knowledge and skills.